This list is a compilation of what you've been up to, and what you've been learning at TheGuitarLesson.com. I find looking at such statistics really interesting, since it gives me a better idea of what you are learning and having fun with, and it also gives me a bit of guidance on what types of new lessons you would be interested in.
June saw the release of lessons on several really big name songs, which understandably sort of stole the spotlight from other, more classic song lessons.
Here is a breakdown of the 5 most popular guitar lessons in the month of June, 2012:
- Someone Like You by Adele - New lesson, a huge hit, perfect for beginners.
- Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams - New lesson, a classic Bryan Adams song that everyone knows.
- Have You Ever Seen the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival - New lesson, another classic from Creedence, more for the intermediate player.
- Spanish Guitar Lesson - Existing lesson, a great intro to Spanish sounding guitar lines.
- Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash - Existing lesson, one of the most famous by Johnny Cash, again, great for beginners.
I find it interesting that the lesson on Parisianne Walkways by Gary Moore, a new release in June, didn't make the top 5 list, it landed at number 6. I guess Gary Moore is not known that well to many of you, but nevertheless, I would urge all electric guitar players to watch the lesson and learn the song, since it'll really develop a lot of soloing techniques you'll need to know to advance as a guitarist. And of course, it's one of the greatest solos in the world.
It's also interesting to note that 4 of the top 5 are acoustic guitar lessons, food for thought.
So that's pretty much it for this post, have a look at the top 5 guitar lessons of June if you haven't already.